VIA's E-Fare System!
No more fumbling with bus passes or crumpled up hard-to-read
VIA’s electronic fare collection system offers more flexibility.
Insert the e-fare magnetic stripe 31-Day Pass, 7-Day Pass or Day Pass card
into the new farebox on the first ride to activate it and then just
swipe after that.
If you prefer to pay with cash, transfers are dispensed right out
of the farebox on e-fare cards too.
And with the e-fare system you can buy Day Passes
right on the bus.
If you would like to purchase an e-fare transfer you must notify the
operator before inserting any money into the farebox.
Your e-fare transfer will be dispensed and stamped with an expiration time
on the back. When you board your next bus, simply swipe the transfer on
the farebox. If you are transferring from Regular to Express service, swipe
and pay the upcharge.
The new e-fare transfers allow for unlimited rides for 2.5 hours. However, you can no longer buy
a transfer on top of a transfer.
E-fare Day Passes are valid on any bus for unlimited rides until the end of
the day in which it is first used. There is no change to the Day Pass
usage policy or the price.
If you purchase your e-fare Day Pass in advance at retail stores, TVM’s
(Ticket Vending Machines) or online, it will be activated on the day that the
card is used. Simply insert the Day Pass into the farebox to activate it the
first time and swipe the card on subsequent trips.
If you purchase your e-fare Day Pass on the bus, you must let your driver
know you want to buy a Day Pass before inserting any money into the
farebox. Your Day Pass will be dispensed, activated and stamped with an
expiration date on the back. On subsequent trips that day simply swipe
VIA’s one-ride tickets are electronic as well. E-fare tickets are sold at select retail stores, online and by mail in packs of 10. E-fare
tickets need to be inserted into the farebox not swiped.
Other than changing from a calendar month to a more flexible 31 Day
Pass, there is no changes to our usage policy or price. The e-fare
31 Day Pass is valid for unlimited rides on Regular, Express and
The first time you use your 31 Day Pass you must insert it into the
farebox so the pass can be activated and stamped with an expiration.
On subsequent trips simply swipe and go.
Some Important Things to Remember Regarding the VIA E-Fare Cards:
- Once an e-fare card has expired or been used it cannot be recharged.
Please do not litter.
- Half fares - Riders who are eligible for half fare will continue
providing proof of eligibility when paying half fare or using half fare
- Change - If a rider has change due over $1 the operator can dispense
an e-fare change card. The change card may be used as payment for
future trips but only one change card per transaction is allowed. Cash
refunds will be provided at Customer Service. No change will be provided
- Groups - If you are paying for more than one person let the operator
know before inserting payment.
- VIAtrans - There are no changes for riders using VIAtrans service until
smartcards are introduced. Riders will continue to use paper tickets
- Special events - There are no changes to special event service.
Riders will continue to use tokens.
E-fare Terms and Conditions
- E-fare cards are valid for on Primo, Regular and Express service. E-fare cards are not valid for Special Events, VIAtrans or any other special or discounted service.
- If using a half fare e-fare card, a valid Reduced Fare ID card must also be presented at boarding.
- E-fare cards must be presented to any VIA official upon request.
- E-fare cards are non-refundable and VIA assumes no responsibility for replacement if lost, stolen, defaced or mutilated.
- The unauthorized copying or alteration, or the sale or presentment of an unauthorized copy or alteration, of a VIA e-fare card may result in criminal prosecution.