VIA Metropolitan Transit began providing public transportation service in the San Antonio area in March 1978. We are funded by a one-half cent sales tax levied in San Antonio, twelve other incorporated municipalities, and unincorporated Bexar County. In addition, VIA receives one-eighth cent sales tax levied in San Antonio by the Advanced Transportation District.
VIA Metropolitan Transit provides regional multimodal transportation options that connect our community to opportunity, support economic vitality and enhance quality of life throughout our region.
Our corporate culture influences the way we interact with one another and how we interact with the community we serve. The model for VIA’s corporate culture evolves from the philosophy, values, and behavior that, together, shape the unique approach, practices and output of VIA as a company. To fulfill the commitment we have to the community we serve, it is the duty of each employee to observe the guiding principles that will nurture and sustain a corporate culture that will propel VIA forward.
- Ownership: be proactive, identify problems and solutions, act toward the goal in mind, be accountable- practice “The Buck Stops Here”
- Customer Focused: identify and act on our customers’ needs, recognize that we all support the groups that provide the service, provide outstanding customer service, listen and understand each other’s needs
- Collaborative: strengthen and maintain communication, look to team with others to help with our problems and theirs, be open and responsive, share information that will be helpful
- Creative Value: encourage new ideas and solutions, scrutinize how we do things to evaluate areas for improvement, be adaptable and responsive to changing conditions
- Constant Learning: learn from our mistakes and the experience of others, be open to different ideas and opinions, encourage and seek ways for self-development, seek opportunities for learning
VIA provides the following services in our community
VIA is governed by a Board of Trustees