home | community | adopt-a-bus-shelter
VIA has over 1600 shelters throughout Bexar County. The Adopt-A-Bus-Shelter
Program helps VIA provide immediate attention to maintenance concerns, graffiti
removal, urgent repairs, and security issues.
VIA encourages local organizations and businesses to participate in the program by adopting a VIA shelter in their area to assist in keeping our community cleaner and safer.
What are the benefits of adopting a shelter?
The Adopt-A-Bus-Shelter participants contribute to keeping our community and environment cleaner and safer, benefiting everyone in the community.
In appreciation of the organization's participation:
- a plaque recognizing the organization will be placed on the shelter.
- the organizations will have an opportunity to receive recognition in VIA's Rider Reader, web site, and other media materials.
What are the responsibilities of adopting a shelter?
Being a participant is an easy process. Upon signing up as a participant, the organization or business will be asked to:
- assist in the removal of debris (at least once per week) between VIA scheduled cleanings.
- report the need for repairs or graffiti removal.
- report the need for security.
How can your organization sign up for the program?
It's as easy as 1-2-3
1. Call VIA's Public Affairs / Community Relations Office at 362-2370.
2. If you do not have a specific shelter site in mind, a VIA representative will let you know which shelters are available in you area.
3. A VIA representative will mail or fax an agreement form to you.
Upon receipt of your completed agreement form, your organization will be on board VIA's Adopt-A-Bus-Shelter Program!
So sign up today so that your organization or business can do your part in making our community and environment cleaner and safer. Email VIA about this subject.