Go VIA VIA
“Go VIA VIA” is the official VIA Metropolitan Transit free mobile app. This app is a convenient and time saving tool for VIA bus riders with iPhone and Android smartphones. Riders can view transit stops in the area and get real time arrivals for routes. Or just set an alert and the app will let you know when your bus is minutes away. You can also use the app to plan your trip, view routes and look up schedules. “Go VIA VIA” provides easy connections to VIA’s online store, rider alerts, Facebook page and Twitter feeds. If you are riding VIA you have to “Go VIA VIA”.
Features of Go VIA VIA
The initial “load screen” details all VIA bus stop locations within the immediate vicinity of the user (usually ¼ mile radius). You can move the map to a different location in the city then just press the VIA logo in the upper left portion of the screen to see stops in the area.
By selecting any of the bus stop icons, users will receive real time arrival times for buses at that stop.
- Users can set arrival notifications to alert them when their bus is two minutes away.
- Users can visualize the entire bus route to make sure it is the one they want.
- Users can add bus stops to their “favorites” within the app for repeated use
After selecting the “Plan Trip” button, users can enter a starting point and destination to get a personalized trip plan on VIA. You can select a location from your favorites list or enter a new address. Save your most frequently used locations like home, work or school for easier use next time.
The “System Map” link provides a route map of the entire VIA service area and a closeup view of the downtown area.
The “Schedule” feature provides a quick list of every VIA bus route along with detailed maps and schedules in various convenient formats.
Under the “Fares” button you can view the various fees to ride as well as the cost of VIA passes. If you want to buy a ticket or pass select the link to go to VIA’s Online Store.
The “More” button is a menu screen showing users a list of valuable resources that are designed to make their VIA experience more convenient including an easy way to sign up for VIA rider alerts.
Download the App
Tips for using go VIA VIA
- For best results turn on your device’s GPS as the Go VIA VIA app uses that information to determine the initial location of the main bus stops map.
- The main bus stops map includes satellite images that can be enabled. On Andriod devices that setting is in the upper right corner. On the iPhone the option can be pealed up from the lower right corner.
- When on the bus arrivals page, you can select the refresh button on the upper right corner to get updated arrival times for that stop.
- Select the star icon if you want that bus stop or transit center added to your favorites for trip planning purposes.
We Want to Hear From You
We'd love to hear your feedback regarding the GoViaVia app. Please use our Online Feedback Form to get in touch.