Remember these three to help make roadways and walkways safer for everyone: Stop, Look and Listen.
Here’s how you can stay safe when waiting for the bus, exiting the bus, or preparing to cross the street. Oprime aqui para español.
- Be aware of your surroundings when at a bus stop or crossing the street.
- Wait on the sidewalk, not at the curb or in the street.
- Don’t approach a moving bus and never chase a bus.
- Do not step in front of a bus or stand in between vehicles.
- Wait for the bus to pull away and the stop to be clear before approaching the curb.
- Find the designated crosswalk and only cross the street there.
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing the street.
- Watch for traffic and pedestrian signals and always follow the law.
- Listen for approaching vehicles, cyclists or pedestrians.
- Always listen to the bus operator’s instructions.
- Remain alert to your surroundings at all times.
Remember to always follow safety traffic laws.
Click here for more Rider Safety Tools and Tips.
More Safe Travel Resources